Crater's of the Moon...

This was a fun trip with my Brother Adam and his family and my sister in law Emily and her kids and my mom and dad. Unfortunately it was on a rainy day in June. We were lucky that it only rained on the 2nd half of the trip, but when it did it poured and hailed! Todd had to work so I braved it with the kids alone, but I have Nieces and nephews that are older so they were a HUGE help. Natalee and Morgen really love them alot! When we went on the hike to the caves we made it just in time to all huddle in right as the hail was starting. Then when that stopped we made it to the next cave and it started to rain. All the while Morgen is scared that the hot lava is coming and I could not convince him otherwise. It was cute! We were cold and wet in the cave and everyone but, my Dad, Natty, and me decided to go on in the rain. We thought they were just in the next cave, which they were for a while. Then with anxious kids they decided to leave. Meanwhile we waited in the cave hoping the downpour would let up. There was so much rain coming in the cave and we had to keep moving to find dry spots. We were in there so long that Natty feel asleep on me trying to keep warm. It felt like we were in there forever just waiting...then we heard my brother Adam calling into the cave. Apparently everyone had hiked back to the cars in the rain and hail. They were soaked to the bone. So we had no choice but to go home. I hope to go back with my family sometime so we can explore the other caves. It was an adventure that I will never forget!!! The hill is alot bigger than it looks! Boy am I out of shape!!! My sister in law Emily and her two boys...Joel and J.J My neice Kaylee and Mariah Morgen finding treasures! My two beautiful neices Emma and Ada! Ada was trying to hide from my camera... Ada, Emma, and my dad. Noah thought this was pretty cool! Noah and my Dad Natty posing for me. She loved running all around! My neices Ada, Jadah, Audrey, my dad and Noah. Mariah...she was a real trooper on this hike! Morgen and Jadah If you look real close you can see the rain puring down. This is when everyone went on to the other side of the cave and my dad and Natty and I stayed behind to wait for the rain to stop. Unfortunelty we were in this cave for I would say about 45 min or longer just waiting...Natalee fell asleep on me trying to get warm. My sister in law Laura, Ada, Jadah and Natty all hundled in waiting for the hail to stop... One of my nephews Tyler

2 comments:

Heaths said...

it was pretty ausome!!!! mariah

Vonstrader said...

You guys look like you had fun! I enjoyed the pictures!

My Fitness Ticker...The BIGGER the goal, the harder the climb, the sweeter the reward!

I was debating if I wanted to post this ticker here for all of you to see, but I think that it will help me to be more accountable.I am trying really hard to get into shape and although I have been slacking lately, I am still proud of my progress. MFP website has been a great tool for me. Wish me luck!!!